Once again, let's visit the parks to evaluate the dining options!
Hollywood Studios might not have quite the variety of options that other parks have (Epcot, anyone?), but there are definitely good options for each type of visitor! It's 180 days before your visit, and you're trying to decide which restaurant in the Studios that you want to try. Even with only a few options, it's hard to decide which is right.
So let's start looking at them a little closer, shall we?
Let's start near Echo Lake, at the 50's Prime Time Cafe
Ideal for: The Impulsive, Those who want to have Fun
Price Range: $13-21 per entree, or 1 table-service credit
Link to Menu: 50's Prime Time
- Typically easy to get into, the 50's Prime Time Cafe offers diners the experience of a family dinner back in the 50's, including being "yelled at" by the staff (who are acting as your family members) to the finish your vegetables and keep your elbows off the tables.
- Fun atmosphere, immersive environment
- Lots of great home cooking, and desserts are big enough to share
- Cons: The "interactive" nature can make some people uncomfortable, especially if one of the punishments like standing in the corner or singing I'm a Little Teapot come up.
- Other Notes: Request a table with a TV to see snippets of popular TV shows from the 50's.
Near the Mickey's Sorcerer's Hat, find the Hollywood Brown Derby
Ideal for: The Spender, The Planner
Price Range: $28-45, or 2 table-service credits
Link to Menu: Brown Derby
- The meal is expensive, but provides a "Golden Age of Hollywood" feel. Reservations book up fast so they need to be made well in advance.
- Pros: Decorating has many details, definitely worth taking notice of them
- For how expensive it is in relation to other options, it has somewhat inconsistent food and service
- Waits tend to be long inside the restaurant
- Other Notes: Booking a reservation toward the end of the night means that many attractions are closed or closing, so you won't miss out on the park experience.
Also around Echo Lake, you can find Hollywood and Vine
Ideal for: ...probably no one
Price Range: $25-35, or 1 table-service credit
- Hollywood and Vine features the "Play 'n Dine" character meal (breakfast and lunch) that includes the characters from Disney Junior. It's a very interactive experience for little ones, meaning that it probably isn't ideal for a group that doesn't contain children.
- Pros: Extremely extensive buffet bar with good food and lots of options
- Cons: Disney Junior character dining means lots of little kids will be present
- Other Notes: If you are in the mood for a buffet or are just trying to satisfy a lot of different tastes in food, consider this for dinner, as only breakfast and lunch are character meals.
Mama Melrose's Restaurant is in the Streets of America
Ideal for: The Romantic
Price Range: $15-30, or 1 table-service credit
Link to Menu: Mama Melrose's
- The small, more intimate feel of this restaurant is well-suited to couples.
- Many of the entrees are very good
- Cozy and inviting atmosphere
- Sometimes the food and service is inconsistent (but when it's good, it's very good)
- Waits can be long even with a reservation
And last (I know, so quick!) is the Sci-Fi Dine-In Restaurant
Ideal for: The Saver, The Impulsive
Price Range: $12-30, or 1 table-service credit
Link to Menu: Sci-Fi
- Can be pretty easy to get a reservation here, and the food is reasonably priced for a table-service option.
- Really fun decor, from the fake drive-in screen to the car tables
- Interesting and creative (and also tasty) food options
- Tables are small, and could possibly end up staring at a stranger's head for the duration of the meal
- The video starts repeating a little earlier than most would like
- Other Notes: If the cars don't seem to be appealing seating to you, you can request one of the limited number of picnic tables toward the back of the restaurant.
And already, here we are at the end of the Hollywood Studios list! Though there may not be many options, those that are provided have great theming and experiences that make them worth trying!
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add, or a question to ask?
Leave a comment! Please! I want to help!
Next up: Animal Kingdom Dining
Until next time <3
Follow Young Adult Disney on Pinterest: Young Adult Disney
And on Twitter! (@YADisney20)